Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bonerama


On one particularly hard-drinkin' night out in New Orleans (when I first moved here) I ended up bowing out gracefully while my friends carried forth to the Maple leaf, which just so happened to be stumbling distance from my house. The next memory I have of that evening is my friends banging at my door at 5 o'clock in the morning. The only words that they could muster in their collectively plastered state of mind was, "four trombones!!!"

"What are you talking about," I replied.
"Dude, you don't understand (almost falling over).....FOUR TROMBONES.......it was awesome!!!"

It took me awhile but I figured out that they were referring to the band that they just seen at the Maple Leaf. None of them could remember the name of the band that night, or the next morning, but they could remember the overall awesomeness that they had experienced.

It wasn't until I was out stumbling into some random bar that I placed the name Bonerama with what my friends could only describe as, "FOUR TROMBONES!!!"

Bonerama has been flailing their trombone assault on New Orleans for almost a decade. They currently have five releases of mostly live material. Much like any other brass band the real experience is in seeing them live, and on September the 25th the Northshore will have the opportunity. The Howlin Wolf Northshore will be presenting a bonerific evening that will funk you up fo' sho'.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment